MEDIA PRODUCER • MOTION DESIGNER
(504) 296-9098 • JAVANHTV@GMAIL.COM
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
Video & Motion Graphics Producer • April 2022 – present
- Produced content explaining issues supported by the Senate Democrats and their candidates, as well as pieces targeting Republican opponents.
- Content created mostly for DS social media channels.
- Helped launch explainer videos similar to Vox.com and NowThis News—a novel concept for the organization.
- “100 days…” served as a call to action marking 100 days until the 2022 midterms.
- Designed a state-by-state explainer video highlighting Republican Senate candidates in reponse to the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade.
- Due to its production value, committee management expanded it to a much larger project, becoming an offical statement from the DSCC.
- Designed graphic loops highlighting cultural events, such as Pride Month.
- Additional motion graphics served to call out candidates in the Republican party.
- Created caption videos from various news clippings with Democratic officials, Republican opponents and other newsmakers.
- Took part in an intern/mentorship program, helping them learn about the production process, as well as the content operation as a whole.
- Saw the unionization of DSCC staff.
Lucid Books Publishing
Graphics & Media Coordinator • November 2019 – present
- Executive staff member creating book covers, quote cards for social media, trailers for YouTube and landing pages for authors.
- Assisted in the production of more than 200 books, with nearly 50 cover designs published.
- Completed the entire production of several books—from cover design, to interior layout, exterior layout and marketing.
- Graphic designer for internal documents such as style guides and sales sheets.
Helped launch secondary imprints for self publishers and small businesses.
Houston Live TV Network
Production Assistant, MMJ & Host • September 2018 – March 2019
- Staff producer, drone operator and feature journalist for the Houston production company.
- Filmed and covered various events, and co-produced original content, filming on-location and on green screen with industry-grade lighting, cameras and audio equipment.
- Host and producer of the web series This Is Houston.
- Produced 12 documentary-style interviews with various Houston-area artists, restaurateurs and business icons.
- Guests included Three Brothers Bakery, Thistle Draftshop and Detroit the Barber.
- The Game Preserve garnered more than 2,000 views and over 60 likes on Facebook in its first 48 hours.
- Utilized expertise in motion design to create a high-budget visual experience.
Nexstar/WVLA Local 33 News
Various • July 2016 – March 2018
News Photographer • July 2016 – August 2016
Graphic Designer/Production Assistant • August 2016 – March 2018
- Operated Q-Master TelePrompTer software.
- Operated Ross Xpression for on-screen graphics, as well as the audio mixer/Denon soundbank and studio cameras.
- Trained new hires on the various production equipment.
- Designed full-screen and over-the-shoulder graphics.
- Served every newscast across WVLA (NBC) and WGMB (Fox).
- Produced a feature story for my final newscast in March 2018, with a web story published on BRProud.com.
TELEVISION & INTERNET BROADCAST
Broadcast Designer, MMJ & Host • January 2014 – January 2022
- Conducted a complete branding overhaul of the veteran program including an updated logo, an entirely new graphics package and the introduction of cinematic videography.
- Hosted before a green screen and on location both extemporaneously and via TelePrompTer, while setting up my own lighting and external audio.
- Designed virtual sets that are often mistaken as real.
- Filmed stories alone and with a team, using any combination of soft boxes, LED panels, lapel mics, boom/stick mics, camcorders, DSLRs and drones.
- Sought potential stories by browsing local magazines, news articles and social media postings, with topics including food and drinks, music, the arts, fitness, and community engagement, bringing a higher quality of content to the biweekly series.
- Edited and captioned all episodes for season 11 (Fall 2019 – Winter 2022), airing on WBRL CW21 in Baton Rouge.
Hobby & Freelance
Motion Design, Videography and Post-Production
August 2008 – April 2022
- Produced The Don Davis Real Estate Show, a video podcast complementing the weekly broadcasts at KKHT radio in Houston, TX.
- Designed for MyScene TV and Clearer Focus, produced for BRCC Today and co-created The Baton Rouge Show (pilot).
- Freelance motion design, voice-over and post-production for Alpha Media & Public Relations in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Created the Birdwatching aviation series on YouTube, conducting trip reports and spotting planes at various airports.
- Launched photorealistic Space Shuttles from 2012 – 2021.
- Revived the game show Press Your Luck for online fans long before the ABC revival.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with some of the most important aspects of digital media production.
- Experience creating for TV, web and print.
- Multi-disciplined; an unmatched ability to merge journalism with video production and motion design.
- Mastery in the Adobe Creative Suite (CS4 – CC), with editing experience in Final Cut Pro X and 3D design with Maxon Cinema 4D.
- Proficiency with Canon DSLR and Panasonic mirrorless cameras, as well as other video and audio equipment.
- Drone pilot with six years of experience.
- Seasoned in both Mac OS and Windows.
- Use of HTML through the WordPress.com platform, with experience in Divi site builder.
- Proven ability to work in a team, meet strict deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Clear communication skills, with the ability to relay information both accurately and efficiently.
Baton Rouge Community College – Acadian Campus
BATON ROUGE, LA • August 2013 – May 2015
- A.A., Graphic Communications — 4.0 GPA – summa cum laude.
- Produced videos for the school’s telecast.
Baton Rouge Community College – MidCity Campus
BATON ROUGE, LA • August 2007 – Transfer
- Concentration in Studio Art.
- Two semesters of Speech, doing performances and presentations.